Just had the call from the embryologist and it turns out that 6 out of our 12 harvested eggs have fertilised!
This is apparently a good thing as anything less than 50% is not so good. So we are on the cusp…
This means we have a scheduled transfer on Wednesday (day 5) unless they call us before 09:00 on Monday (day 3) and call us in on that day.
Avoiding googling too much as I don’t want to get paranoid about chances and whatnot. Just resting up and hoping it will all go according to plan on Wednesday.
Work next week is going to be a pain as I’m supposed to be out of town, but I’m going to hold out till 09:00 Monday before leaving town (if that’s what happens). Apparently you can’t do anything about the transfer and it’s pretty much in and out, like a smear test.
This sounds quite appealing given I still feel super groggy after yesterday’s harvest. I’m lucky it’s the weekend and I don’t have to do anything. I’m just sitting on the sofa and relaxing. Thank goodness it isn’t the usual early start!
Anyway, that’s it for now. We know there are still plenty of things to go wrong… Here’s hoping just one goes right!