So, it’s quite exciting as we might be transferring tomorrow or Monday. I kind of hope for Monday as that means we’d have embryos that look like blastocysts. Apparently that is a good thing. (I try to limit my knowledge a bit… I know that sounds counter productive but honestly I have a tendency to overanalyse things and worry! I got through IVF cycle 1 without hardly expecting or understanding anything! Nevertheless I’ve picked up a bit going through this, so I do worry…)
I’m hopeful we’ll have a couple of embryos to transfer. Actually I would really love twins, because that way they’d have siblings without having to risk going through this again, but equally I’d be happy with one. I’m actually one of those people who sort of focuses on one thing at a time – like I have to have a favourite. T is my favourite human, Dog is my favourite dog, J is my favourite BFF, and X (ha) is my favourite sibling! etc.
Anyway, I thought I’d write a bit on this TMI, so skip to the bottom if you are of a queasy or squeamish nature.
I’m currently on a regimen of loads of pills and injections which is a bit much to take, so I don’t know what the symptoms are coming from, although I think it’s probably the Crinone (progesterone gel).
This is my daily regime:
- 06:30 – Omeprazole – for indigestion relating to Prednisolone. Needs to be taken 2hrs before or after any antibiotics or steroids. 1 tablet.
- 07:30 – Crinone gel – this is a bit like a tampon that you insert and squeeze the gel out. Nice. Part of the IVF protocol.
- 08:30 – Antibiotic capsule – I have to take this for 5 days following the egg collection to prevent infection. Part of the IVF protocol.
- 08:30 – 25mg Prednisolone – this is for the NK reaction which I was found during the immune testing to be borderline – it’s to dampen the body’s reaction to fight against pregnancy. I’ve been taking this since the egg collection. This is 5 little tablets.
- 08:30 – 1 Omega 3 capsule – also part of immune protocol.
- 08:30 – 1 baby aspirin – you guessed it, immune protocol.
- 08:30 – 1 Pregnacare (includes folic acid and Vitamins) – as above.
- 08:30 – 2 vitamin D capsules – as above.
Pause for a slight rest.
- 19:00-21:00 – Heparin injection. This is the one that hurts! And leaves a big bruise. Part of the immune protocol.
- 20:00 – Antibiotic capsule – I have to take this in the evening as well for 5 days following egg collection. Part of the IVF protocol.
Have I forgotten anything? That is a shed load of medication. No wonder I’m feeling a bit weird.
Anyway the TMI bit is here… I’ve had this weird side effect which I’m not sure is a side effect of the Crinone or the other million things I’m taking.
It’s… Abdominal pain. But also, weird va***a pain. (Okay, I’m not a prude but I don’t want the kind of people who search on that to come to my blog!)
Um – does anyone else get this? Is it a weird hangover from my egg collection? The Crinone or any of the other millions of pills and whatnot I’m taking? I really don’t remember it from last time.
Otherwise… I’m enjoying the roll off at work (still working my notice period so any work I do is gratefully received!) plus the long saying goodbye to everyone (I’m not having leaving drinks because hopefully I’ll be pregnant, but I guess there might be time for last minute ones if I’m not).
And in England (I think possibly the rest of the UK as well) we have the bank holiday! Which means that we have a long weekend with Monday off! Whoop whoop. T has to work the bank hol but other than that we will be chilling out (and packing, if T has anything to do with it – I’ve been pleading invalid-ness).
Happy weekend y’all!